Farm Equipment Maintenance
Jan 04, 2021
Now is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of winter downtime and perform farm equipment maintenance. By performing maintenance work and repairs now, you’ll feel less rushed come springtime. Here are 10 tips to follow:
- Grease all fittings
- Check fluid in gear boxes
- Slip clutch discs on PTO shaft (if equipped with slip clutch, then reset to correct tightness)
- Check belt tightness to correct tension
- Check for cracks in belts; they may need to be replaced
- Repack hub bearing if low or if grease is dried out
- Check condition of rake, tedder and baler teeth
- Check cutting blades for cracks and oversized holes; worn blades may need to be replaced
- Check batteries
- Check for excessive equipment wear
Read More News
Many people remember Grandma cooking their favorite chicken or cornbread in a slick, black skillet. But as the resurgence of cast iron continues, folks are finding out that versatility is one of Lodge Cast Iron’s major benefits. Cast iron is incredibly durable, has a naturally nonstick finish, evenly distributes heat, and is seasoned for perfect flavoring!
As chickens spend more time confined in their coop through the winter months, boredom and behavioral problems such as egg-eating, feather picking, and cannibalism may occur. Proactively planning ways to keep your chickens entertained can ensure they stay happy and healthy until spring.
There’s a lot of preparation that goes into preparing a turkey complete with crispy skin, tender meat, and a savory flavor. After all, the stakes are high when the main entrée is involved!