JOB TITLE: Veterinarian
MEMBER CO-OP: Smoky Mountain Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Headquartered in Sevierville, TN
DATE POSTED: Friday, March 24, 2023
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- Requires a DVM degree, additional degrees and/or training a plus
- Practice experience critical to perform duties, preferred
- Must have an overall understanding of livestock health and systems
- Three to five years of production animal experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Frequent travel to farms expected, including some overnight when necessary
- Ability to show compassion to both pets, livestock, and their owners
- Outstanding dexterity in handling both large and small animals while performing precise tasks
- Ability to react quickly and make decisions under pressure about the wellbeing of an animal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work to identify and understand customer needs and requirements
- Close sales, achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly goals
- Source new sales opportunities through lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Maintain and expand sales/education reach within the cooperative’s territory
- Research accounts, identify key players, and generate interest in animal health products and practices
- Present and sell products and services to customers
- Demonstrate selling skills such as companion selling, up-selling, and cross-selling to increase order size
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to customer inquiries and resolving complaints
- Work with outside sales representatives to place new products and grow customers
- Ensure compliance with veterinary procedures, ethics, policies and relevant statutes
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verification and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!