JOB TITLE: Precision Ag Consultant
MEMBER CO-OP: Mid-South Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Headquarters in Brownsville, TN
DATE POSTED: Monday, April 25, 2022
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agronomy or related science and/or relevant field experience
- A general knowledge of current agricultural practices and advancing technologies in the industry
- Willingness to obtain and maintain certifications such as Certified Crop Advisor, drone pilot, etc.
- Resides or willing to relocate within/near service territory (Madison, Crockett, or Haywood counties in TN)
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees through both written and verbal methods
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for collecting, processing, translating and managing data correctly
- Analyzes data and evaluates the best way to implement it into both farmer and business practices
- Organizes all data including, but not limited to, soil, imagery, current/expected yields and tissue samples
- Creates and maintains data reports to be used for recommendations and educational purposes
- Communicates effectively with growers and MSFC employees to implement data and crop plans
- Manages various RxAg programs including those such as Accufield, FFT, FMT, Truterra, SMS, JD Ops, etc.
- Serves as a first line support to customers and MSFC staff regarding RxAg technology
- Generates sale of equipment, support, calibrations and set up of precision agriculture technologies/services
- Provides excellent customer service to the farmer members and patrons of Mid-South Farmers Cooperative
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verification and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!