JOB TITLE: Warehouse & Delivery Team Member
MEMBER CO-OP: Mid-South Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Branch Location in Jackson, TN
DATE POSTED: Thursday, August 24, 2023
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Forklift certification is preferred but not required
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of agricultural products and equipment
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with team members and customers
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited and remote supervision
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads production schedules, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, and/or purchase orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed
- Ensures quality control procedures are followed
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequences such as size, type, style, or product code
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, shelves or delivers orders to packing station or shopping department
- Operates a forklift of similar equipment to complete job requirements
- Loads and drives truck to deliver such items as fertilizer, seed, chemicals, and other supplies to customer locations
- Records transfers and/or delivery information daily
- Performs routine maintenance and regularly cleans truck
- Oversees the safety aspects of the working environment and makes sure they are upheld
- Travels and acclimates to all types of seasons
- Provides exceptional customer service to farmer members and other patrons of Mid-South Farmers Co-op
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verification and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!