JOB TITLE: Livestock / Agronomy Specialist
MEMBER CO-OP: Hawkins Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Rogersville, TN
DATE POSTED: Thursday, May 5, 2022
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- High School diploma / GED
- Bachelors’ or Associates’ degree in agriculture is preferred, but not required
- Previous farm related experience is preferred also. Training, in house and on the job, will be provided
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours
- Travel (to farm visits and some training) will be required
- Friendly personality and strong work ethic with an ability to stay self-motivated
- Basic computer skills and a willingness to learn
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works to maintain a knowledge of products and practices in livestock including, but not limited to, feed, animal health, handling systems, hay and pasture needs, crop protection and nutrients
- Provides expertise to rural lifestyle customers about a wide-variety of needs such as lawn, garden, etc.
- Develops rapport with farmers by listening to their needs and working to provide proper solutions
- Collaborates with suppliers to secure products, knowledge and support for in-store and/or farm visits
- Communicates effectively with customers, suppliers and fellow employees
- Attends Hawkins Farmers Co-op and other related training programs/educational workshops
- Stays current on knowledge pertaining to vendor relationships and other programs such as TAEP
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to the patrons of Hawkins Farmers Co-op
- Works continuously to develop as a team player with the entire team at Hawkins Farmers Co-op meaning you may be asked to write the occasional sales ticket at the sales counter, load feed, deliver product, and always be willing to offer friendly advice
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verification and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!