JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
MEMBER CO-OP: Tennessee Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: LaVergne, TN
DATE POSTED: Friday, September 17, 2021
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in HR or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires knowledge of human resources, benefits administration, policy interpretation and compliance
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to labor law, employment equity regulations, and payroll practices
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs orientations and update records of new staff in benefits and payroll systems
- Maintains background checks, E-Verify and TN new hire for employees
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
Maintains eligibility dates, deferrals, and loan payments in payroll systems from Fidelity.
Compiles and maintains paper, digital and electronic employee records, performance reviews, improvement notice, including leave of absences, FMLA leaves, etc.
Maintains the safety shoes, safety glasses, service awards program, retirement gifts, blood drives, flu
shot clinics, Angel Tree donations, Holiday gift cards, and other employee programs
Provides outstanding customer service to all employees, Member Cooperatives and outside contacts
Performs other duties as assigned
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verific
ation and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!