JOB TITLE: General Manager
MEMBER CO-OP: Obion Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Headquarters in Union City, TN
DATE POSTED: Tuesday, October 5, 2021
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- Bachelors in Agriculture Business or related field and a minimum of 5 years management and leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in demonstrating effective management duties and responsibilities
- Ability to foster a work environment that brings out the best performance in employees within a team setting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborating with a board of directors establishes yearly business plans, budgets and operations plans that supports the growth of the cooperative
- Coordinates activities across all business functions
- Directs and leads the promotion and sale of products and services to existing and new markets with a focus on maximizing market share
- Analyzes function or department budget requests; working with functional leaders, operating budgets
- Promotes Obion Farmers Cooperative in community, trade area and with sister cooperatives
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verification and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!