JOB TITLE: FERTILIZER PLANT MANAGER
MEMBER CO-OP: First Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Headquartered in Lexington, TN
DATE POSTED: Monday, October 10, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 21, 2022
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Agriculture work experience and/or background preferred, especially fertilizer terminal operations
- Understanding of fertilizer options, production agriculture and the application of fertilizer
- Ability to function well in a physically demanding environment, with elevated levels, dust and loud noise
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Ability to stay dedicated and reliable with duties and responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises production staff and ensures assignments are completed in orderly, safe and timely manners
- Plans, establishes, and coordinates work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals and accommodate operational hour
Manages all truck inbound fertilizer as well as the logistics of the sale and delivery of fertilize
Ensures fertilizer sales/deliveries meet required specifications
- Demonstrates the ability to maximize efficiency in plant operations
Receives and processes incoming products and paperwork
Works with customers by listening to needs and recommending fertilizer blends, when needed
Ensures safe operation of articulating loader used to blend dry fertilizer, mixing and pouring of dry and liquid elements for complete fertilizer blends
Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations
Maintains and coordinates regular daily maintenance operating standards
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verification and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!