JOB TITLE: AGRONOMY SALES
MEMBER CO-OP: Obion Farmers Cooperative
LOCATION: Headquartered in Union City, TN
DATE POSTED: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
DATE AVAILABLE: As soon as possible.
- B.S. degree in appropriate field of study, preferably agronomy
- Three to five years of agronomy/seed experience
- Extensive knowledge of agronomic best practices and chemical application
- Ability to operate application equipment and vehicles according to state safety laws and regulations
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) Certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Subject to extreme working conditions while scouting fields for pests and other environmental factors that impact crop performance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and increase agronomy sales business for Obion Farmers Co-op
- Perform sales activities relative to fertilizer, seed and crop protection products
- Responsible for assisting in sales of dry, liquid, NH3, lime and crop-protection products
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise of crop-input products and services to assist in developing quality customer agronomic solutions
- Work closely with customers and growers to recommend the proper crop nutrition, crop protection and seed program to fit individual grower needs
- Routinely oversee soil testing and maintain field reports
- Scout fields for pests and other environmental factors that impact crop performance
- Facilitate sales calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
We are excited that you are considering a career within our Co-op system. Our commitment to service and quality all starts with our people – talented, energetic, motivated individuals who truly love what they do. Think you have what it takes?
Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application. There you will be asked to fill out information relating to your contact information, your interest in Co-op, and your employment/education history.
You will also be asked to upload a copy of your resume (PDF works best). Please, be sure to have your resume ready to upload before beginning the application.
Once you have listed all the required information and your resume, you may click the ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete your application. When submitted you will receive verific
ation and a confirmation email sent to you. Once received, you can rest assured we have your application.
Your application and resume will be sent to the hiring cooperative and reviewed. The local Co-op will reach out if they would like to take next steps.
Again, thank you for considering a career with Co-op!